Countryside Properties PLC (the Group) is a specialist development company recognised in particular for the creation of sustainable communities and regeneration. This involves land acquisition, planning and design, development and construction management, lettings and property sales. In undertaking some of these activities, the Group recognises that it has an impact on the environment.
The Group wishes to be acknowledged as an industry leader in its approach to care of the environment, in the execution of its developments and in its working practices. The Group’s objective is to ensure that development realises the desired financial returns whilst in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
In achieving this, the Group is committed to its vision, values and objective:
Its objective is to achieve and retain a leading position in its industry, by providing the best homes, property developments and construction services, as recognised by its customers, investors, competitors and all who have a stake in the profits of its success.
- Maximise the profitability and cost effectiveness of the Company and the returns it generates on capital employed, by delivering commitments, growing the business, strengthening the platform for the future, lifting performance and enhancing its financial health.
- By encouraging a climate of professionalism, teamwork, enjoyment and continuous development and by empowering them to achieve success.
- By ensuring to the very best of our ability that we manage, meet or exceed, their expectations.
Products & Services
- By providing quality, good value and lasting appeal which are consistently better than our competitors.
Environmental & Social Awareness
- By contributing to the creation and improvement of residential communities and work places in an environmentally and socially responsible, sensitive and sustainable manner.
- By recognising the value of promoting high standards in all health, safety and welfare matters, for the benefit of everyone who comes into contact with our operations.
The Group will establish measurable quality objectives in relation to the above commitments. These objectives will be recorded within the policies, procedures and documentation to which they specifically relate.
The Group will conduct its business in accordance with the principles of Quality Assurance, adhering to the International Quality Management Standard ISO 9001:2008
The Group will undertake an annual review of this Policy and its objectives to ensure continuing suitability and effectiveness with the intent of continually improving the Group's Management systems and adding value to the business.
Employee training supported by personal development reviews, will be an integral part of the Group's strategy in achieving its Policy objectives.
The Chief Executive Officer is Chairman of the Environment and Quality Committee. The remit and constitution of the Committee shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
This Corporate Policy is regularly reviewed and will be supported by a number of issue specific policies and procedures. These policies and procedures, and details of the Group's objectives can be viewed on the Group's website at www.countryside-properties-corporate.com/sustainability.
7th June 2012
<< Back to List of Policies
Information correct as at 22/06/2012