Back to News
8 July 2004
Accordia on Brooklands Avenue is going to be an important new residential quarter for Cambridge.
Countryside Properties' highly innovative new development known as Accordia in Cambridge was named as 'Best Housing Project of the Year' at the Mail on Sunday National Homebuilder Design Awards 2004 which were held recently in London.
The Group also received a number of commendations at the awards including:
- Ventura, St Mary's Island, Chatham Maritime in the 'Best House of One or Two Storeys' category
- Garrick House, Beaconsfield - 'Best House of 3 Storeys or more'
- The Courtyard, Maldon - 'Best Retirement Development'
- South at Didsbury Point - 'Best Large Housing Development of the Year'
- In the 'Best New Home of the Year' category both the Bertoia house at The Vistas, Wychwood Park, Cheshire and the L Type House at Ventura, St Mary's Island, Chatham Maritime were shortlisted by Mail on Sunday readers.
Regarding Accordia the judges commented, "After Greenwich Millennium Village and Abode at Harlow, the next major housing project that is making people sit up and take notice is Accordia…..a high quality high-density mixed-use development including smart new Government offices…..and innovative contemporary housing. Accordia on Brooklands Avenue is going to be an important new residential quarter for Cambridge.'
Further details of Accordia can be found at www.accordia.uk.com
Back to News
Information correct as at 08/07/2004