Back to News
2 February 1998
The redevelopment project, worth more than £21 million, over four years, will involve the provision of 260 new homes for rent and shared ownership which will be developed by the Groups Partnership Housing operation Countryside In Partnership, together with 63 homes for sale to owner occupiers which will be developed by Copthorn Homes, another Group member. The scheme will also include a number of new retail shops and business units which will be developed by Countryside Commercial.
Countryside Group Chief Executive Graham Cherry said:
"Our selection confirms the Groups position as market leaders in urban regeneration. It reflects the multi-disciplinary strengths of the Group, and our skills and expertise in unlocking complex inner city projects. This unique blend is becoming of ever-increasing value to us in a world calling for sustainable development.
I firmly believe that the need to regenerate large Council housing estates in this way will grow, given the Governments recent announcements on the provision of more housing in our urban areas, in order to protect the Green Belts. This will require major improvements to the environment of many of our urban areas, if people are to be attracted back to them. The Group is very well placed to further increase its share of the urban regeneration market."
- ends -
- This scheme is being developed in association with Southern Housing Group.
- Countryside Properties is a market leader in Urban Regeneration.
- Current projects include the award winning Peckham Partnership with a value to the Group of up to £52 million. 625 houses for rent and shared ownership are being developed by Countryside In Partnership and up to 300 homes for sale from Copthorn Homes.
- The new Kingshold Scheme in Hackney, worth £23 million, will include the provision of 289 houses for rent and shared ownership and 102 homes for sale by Countryside In Partnership and Copthorn Homes.
- The Church View Development (formerly known as the Bluehouse estate) in Basildon is being developed by Countryside In Partnership in a scheme worth £35 million, providing 707 homes for rent and shared ownership.
- The TreeHouses Project, Isle of Sheppey, is a partnership between Countryside In Partnership and Swale Housing Association to provide 210 units, also for rent and shared ownership. The value of this scheme is £7 million. At Boarded Barns in Chelmsford, a scheme worth £6.5 million, Countryside In Partnership will be providing 128 new homes for rent and shared ownership.
For further information please contact:
Graham Cherry, Chief Executive
Countryside Properties PLC Tel: 01277 260000
Back to News
Information correct as at 02/02/1998