Purpose of the Job
To ensure the fundamental principles of Buying are achieved these being:
i) the correct materials
ii) the correct place
iii) the correct time
iv) at the most competitive prices
1. Responsible for procuring materials within budgets in time to progress works on site.
2. Responsible for producing monthly budgetary control reports on all materials purchased for each site.
3. Responsible for procuring and hiring plant required on site including cabins, forklifts, fencing, cranes and transport etc.
4. Responsible for resolving account queries with suppliers that the accounts department have failed to resolve through normal procedures.
5. Responsible for resolving disputes between suppliers and the company.
6. Responsible for procuring site staff protective clothing.
7. Required to attend and report on procurement at each site monthly progress meeting.
8. Required to on occasion take off material quantities from drawings and produce schedules from which to procure.
9. Required to assist the estimating department with obtaining pre-tender quotations and resolving material specification issues.
10. Ensure compliance with ISO9000 & ISO14001 Policies.
11. Responsible for compliance with the clients Environmental, Security and disabled requirements.
12. Procures customer care related materials.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of current pricing levels.
2. Sound knowledge of construction techniques, Building Standards, Environmental and disability standards.
3. Good negotiating skills.
4. Communication skills.
5. Sound knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
6. Computer literate and numerate.
Associate Director (Buying)
Contact for Interested Parties
Mike Hill, Associate Director (Buying)
DD: 01277 697452
Please download and complete the following application form. Send it together with a covering letter and CV if you have one to the contact indicated above.
Download Application Form PDF (0.8Mb)
Please note: The application form is available in PDF format only. In order to print this document you need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
Information correct as at 29/04/2013