Purpose of the Job
Focus on operational monitoring at site level and support in maintaining the Health and Safety standards of the Group’s building sites by ensuring they are operating in full compliance with relevant legislation and the Group’s policies and procedures. Measuring the level of compliance in line with the Groups (KPI’s) Key performance Indicators. Solving and reporting issues relating to Health & Safety, with the aim of continually improving Safety performance and eliminating/reducing accidents and their causation.
- To carry out Health , Safety, Welfare & Environmental monitoring of the Group's building sites, in their area of responsibility.
- To provide advice and support site personnel, ensuring they are aware of specific hazards and risks relating to health & safety.
- To produce periodic timely reports, communicated by email to the appropraite Build Managers, Health & Safety Department and other interested parties without delay.
- Stop work activies where unsafe working practices are observed, reporting such situation to the Regional Health & Safety Manager, Group Health & Safety Director, Relevant Build Manager & Construction Direct
- To undertake / assist in accident / incident investgations, in accordance with the Departments procedures, ensuring all details and photographs are emailed and communicated in a timely manner.
- To act diligently and promote the Health & Safety culture in upholding the values and stadnards of the Group by engaging the issues for improvement through the construction management & subcontractor base.
Knowledge and Skills
NEBOSH Construction (or working towards)
IOSH Membership (Tech IOSH work towards Grad IOSH)
SMSTS Qualification First Aid 3 Day
Michelle Shani, Regional Health & Safety Manager
Contact for Interested Parties
Marie Stolworthy 01277 690565 / email@example.com
Please download and complete the following application form. Send it together with a covering letter and CV if you have one to the contact indicated above.
Download Application Form PDF (0.8Mb)
Please note: The application form is available in PDF format only. In order to print this document you need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
Information correct as at 04/11/2013