Countryside Properties aims to recruit and retain the best staff and endeavours to provide employment opportunities on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account the skills and experience required to perform each job. It strives to ensure that neither its policies nor practices act to disadvantage particular groups or individuals.
The Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all, regardless of sex, age, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, marital status, civil partnership, pregancy or maternity and gender reassignment, disability or sexual orientation. This is also inclusive of part-time or fixed term employees and trade union membership or non-membership.
In order to meet this commitment the Group has adopted the following practices
- It will not allow discrimination to be an obstacle to the recruitment, training or promotion of staff who are otherwise qualified for particular positions. The criteria detailed in the job descriptions will not be drawn up in such a way as to exclude particular groups or individuals. All will be selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
- It is the Group’s intention that no individual or organisation connected with its activities shall hinder the application of this policy. The provisions of this policy will therefore be brought to the attention of its staff, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors.
- To fulfill the commitments made in this statement, information will be sought from applicants for employment, so as to allow the monitoring of the Equal Opportunities Policy to be carried out.
- Those responsible for recruitment will be made aware of this policy and will be given training on equal opportunities as part of the Group's approach to recruitment training.
- Terms and conditions of employment require all individuals who are involved in the employment of staff not to discriminate unfairly. Any allegations of such behaviour, or of harassment or victimisation, will be investigated thoroughly and disciplinary action will be taken where necessary.
- The Group’s intention to encourage equal opportunities and to operate an Equal Opportunities Policy will be conveyed on advertisements, and company literature where appropriate.
The Group, along with the co-operation of its employees aims to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Responsibility for the implementation and review of the Equal Opportunities Policy lies with the Chief Executive Officer.
Graham Cherry - Chief Executive Officer
<< Back to List of Policies
Information correct as at 12/08/2013