Countryside Properties PLC (“the Group”) is a specialist development company recognised in particular for the creation of sustainable communities and regeneration. This involves land acquisition, planning and design, development and construction management, lettings and property sales. In undertaking some of these activities, the Group recognises that it has an impact on the environment.
The Group wishes to be acknowledged as an industry leader in its approach to care of the environment, in the execution of its developments and in its working practices. The Group’s objective is to ensure that development realises the desired financial returns whilst in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
To achieve this, the Group’s objectives are to:
- Actively pursue a policy of promoting and implementing sustainable development.
- Promote the Group’s environmental objectives and policy to all personnel, associates, contractors, suppliers and the public.
- Comply as a minimum, with legislation and associated codes of practice.
- Keep the relevant subsidiaries and departments informed of changes in legislation, technologies and construction research, which may affect them.
- Seek progressive improvement in environmental performance by measuring certain activities against both qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Undertake regular environmental auditing of its activities and report on performance to key stakeholder groups.
- Maintain the Groupwide Environmental Management System and certification to ISO 14001:2004
- Ensure that land acquisition procedures relating to environmental issues are identified and assessed.
Planning and Design
- Ensure environmental considerations are incorporated into the planning, specification and design process.
- Develop landscape and building design so that it integrates with and enhances the surrounding natural and built environment.
- Adhere to the principles of best construction practice and good neighbourliness on all sites.
- Continue to manage the construction process to help to minimise the environmental impact of its operations and reduce potential for pollution of soil, water and air.
- Minimise the waste generated and encourage the appropriate re-use or recycling of materials as far as is practicable.
- Encourage the procurement of materials that are produced in a manner which causes less impact on the environment.
- Investigate opportunities, and where appropriate implement measures, to ensure that natural resources are used efficiently.
The Chief Executive Officer is Chairman of the Environment and Quality Committee. The remit and constitution of the Committee shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
This Corporate Environmental Policy is regularly reviewed and supported by a number of issue specific policies and procedures. These policies and details of the Group's environmental targets can be viewed on the Group's website at www.countryside-properties-corporate.com/policies
20th September 2013
<< Back to List of Policies
Information correct as at 29/10/2013