Financial Year ended 30th September 2010
All figures are for Copthorn Holdings Ltd (the ultimate parent company of Countryside Properties plc) and include its share of Joint Ventures.
Group turnover of £228.1m (2009 : £187.8m).
Earnings before interest, taxation and amortisation
Earnings before interest, taxation and amortisation (EBITA) of £7.7m (2009 : £25.7m loss).
- Turnover from development activities for the year totalled £145.6m (2009 : £120.3m).
- The Group completed the sale of 559 new homes (2009 : 807), including 87 sales completions (2009 : 146) it made on behalf of its Joint Ventures. The average selling price of all new homes sold was £149,000 (2009 : £151,000).
- Development activities included land sales of £59.3m (2009 : £1.5m).
Design and build contracting
- Turnover from our design and build contracting operations totalled £82.5m (2009 : £67.5m).
- 498 (2009 : 797) new homes were completed for Housing Associations and others.
- At the year end, the current order book totalled £161m (2009 : £159m) of committed contracts, with a further £541m (2009 : £403m) agreed subject to contract.
At the year end the Group owned or controlled through options or conditional contracts land with the potential for 18,300 (2009 : 19,600) new homes including 8,000 (2009 : 8,800) with planning permission, and 10,300 (2009 : 10,800) subject to planning permission.
In December 2010, the Group’s loan facilities were extended for a further two years to December 2013. The new facilities amount to £363m all of which is now available to the Group.
The average number of employees during the financial year was 415 (2009 : 526).
Information correct as at 28/08/2012
Annual Report & Accounts
If you require a copy of our Report & Accounts please contact email@example.com stating the year required.